It sometimes happens that you leave the office and you’ve forgotten to set your Out of Office message. If you have a BlackBerry you can can use it to recover from that situation and set your Out of Office message from wherever you are.
In the Messages list press the menu key and select options.
- Select Email Settings
- Set the “Use Out of Office Reply” to Yes
- Type your Out of Office message
- click Save
Options you can’t control
Most of us use this in emergencies only and it is great to have it for that. There are Outlook options that the BlackBerry interface doesn’t currently give you, for example:
- No options on typeface and other formatting
- You can’t split your Out of Office to have different messages for internal and external email
- You can’t set your Out of Office with particular start and end times. It’s either on or off until you change it.